This page is dedicated to our music lovers! We guarantee that you will not stumble onto these tracks on you FM dial! Chill with us as we dig through the crates and post little gems for your listening and dancing pleasure. We will do our best to maintain the track name, artist and bpm, as accurately as possible. Let us know if we slip; I’m sure you nerds will.
Looking for a nice Cha Cha? How about, ”Esa Mujer,” by Los Kenya? 126 BPM
How about a sultry Swing? Try “Never Met a Girl Like You Before,” by Iggy Pop & the Stooges. 127 BPM
This Cha Cha is guaranteed to get a lot of future play by those with very polished tastes, “El Barrio,” by Fort Knox Five. 126 BPM
Listen to this hot Salsa track by the Colombia group, Los Seven del Swing, “Silencio.” 208 BPM
Produced by Lee Perry this Ska/Reggae joint, “Curly Locks,” by Junior Byles will make you chill! 71 BPM
If you’re looking for a unique Rumba track for your next choreography piece, then here it is! “Lotus Flower,” by Radiohead. 132 BPM
My friend Tyler and Irene chose this beautiful song for their First Dance. “Y0u Are the Best Thing,” by Ray LaMontagne. 85 BPM
This is wonderful for a Bolero! “Fumemos un Cigarillo,” by Piero. 87 BPM
One of our absolute favorite Salsa tracks, “Ban Ban,” by Joe Arroyo. 224 BPM
Flavorful Samba, “I Bet You Look Good On the Dance Floor,” by Baby Charles. Artic Monkeys who? 105 BPM
Staggering Swing, Alice Russell’s “High Up On The Hook.” 135 BPM
I promise you she kissed me at a show at the Cat’s Cradle. This delighful woman projects like she was 10 feet tall! Check this jivy Swing by Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings: “Just Dropped In.” 135 BPM
Who doesn’t love old blue eyes? But why not season your Foxtrot with a little Nina? Nina Simone, “My Baby Just Cares For Me.” 102 BPM. Or how about Nina’s, “Love Me or Leave Me,” for a Quickstep. 200 BPM
Looking for a Hustle? You’re sure to find a ton of them. Jesse Mann is one of our favorite deejays. He is co-founder and resident dj of the weekly, Body Music, at Bembe in Brooklyn. Soul, Funk, & House music that is guaranteed good for the soul! Check out his site and download some of his mixes at: jesse-mann.com!
- “Endless Love” by Aretha Franklin. 88 BPM
- “Once In A While” by Madeleine Peyroux. 101 BPM
- “Unforgettable” by Nat King Cole. 83 BPM
- ”I Never Loved A Man” by The Commitments. 88 BPM
- “Dance Me to the End of Love” by Madeleine Peyroux.
- “Too Marvelous For Love” by Ella Fitzgerald.
- “It’s A Beautiful Day” by Club Belugas featuring Anna Luca
- “Rollerblades” by Eliza Doolittle
- “Blue Alert” by Madeleine Peyroux.
There are a plethora of faboulous tangos out there. We highly recommend two groups, Otros Aires and The New Tango Orchestra.
How about the remix of “Putting on the Ritz” by Club Belugas? 186 BPM
- “Blackout” and “Feeling Good” by Muse.
- “About Your Funeral” by Soley.
- “Between The Bars” by Madeleine Peyroux.
- “Be Be Your Love” by Rachel Yamagata.
- The group, The Dear Hunter, has several awesome Viennese Waltzes.
“Creep” by Radiohead.
- “Matasiguayara” by Oscar D’Leon
- “Mi Buen Amor” by Gloria Estefan
- “They” by Jem.
- “Spanish Grease” and “Evil Ways” by Willie Bobo.
- “Borinqueneando” by Ismael Rivera.
- Ursula 1000 has several really good ones!
East Coast Swing
West Coast Swing